Friday, September 23, 2011

Imago Vita Workshop ~

So, last weekend I took a little adventure.  By myself.  Without husband.  Without children.  Now, one might think this isn't a big deal, but it is for me.  First off, I had no idea where I was going.  Aaron gave me directions and I had to get there!  This is not something I like to do.  I depend on Aaron to get me places and I look at FB on my phone.  Talk to the kids.  Sing Veggie Tales.  Anything but pay attention to where we are headed.  I am proud to announce -  I MADE IT!  No wrong turns.  No scary convenient store stops.     I am still capable of going out on my own!  Very proud moment!!!

Anyway, I went to a workshop held by the VERY talented Shannon Phillips of Imaga Vita Photography. The thought of going into a room with 12 other photographers didn't make me nervous at all.  I am not a shy person (I know some of you are laughing at the thought of me being shy).  It was lovely.  I enjoyed myself.  Wonderful food!!  BUT then we had a "practice" shoot.  I had to shoot in front of all these talented photographers.  I started sweating.  Wondering if I should go inside and eat some leftover cake balls from lunch.  Possibly just leave and get home before dark (to be safe ya know).    It was horrible.  I made it in the end and it wasn't that bad.  I think I forgot to meter my light.  And I probably rambled to the models too much.  But it could've been worse!

Here are a few shots I took!!




I'm so very grateful to my family and friends for all of their encouragement.  Especially Aaron, Brax and Madi who loaded up Sunday morning after such a long weekend to ride with me to an out of town shoot so I wouldn't have to go without seeing them another day!  You all mean the world to me and I couldn't do it without you.  Love you all ~ Michele

2 comments:

Larissa Nicole Photography said...

This is gorgeous! You did a great job! What time of day was this? - the lighting is beautiful! xo Larissa

Michele Morgan Photography said...

Larissa - it was about 4/5ish. Thank you so much.